DIREKTØR TIL KATUAQ
Katuaq søger en visionær og strategisk stærk leder til stillingen som direktør.
Katuaq is Greenland's cultural center, organized as a commercial foundation and an independent institution. In addition to the versatile cultural activities with concerts, theater performances, exhibitions etc., Katuaq runs its own cinema and café, just as Katuaq is a five-star meeting and conference venue.
Katuaq collaborates with many different associations, companies, organizations and cultural actors. Providing guests with a good cultural experience and good service, which comes first for Katuaq's employees.
With reference to the board, the new director will have management responsibility for the company with a budget of approx. 35 million DKK per year, and approx. 50 employees.
This includes the following primary tasks:
- Participate in the completion of a new strategy, effective from 2024, and then launch and implement the strategy and action plan.
- Daily management of Katuaq, including close contact with the management team and the rest of the staff.
- Servicing and reporting to the boards of the business foundation Katuaq.
- Responsibility for optimal transversal systems in the company (HR, communication, IT, systems etc.).
- Responsibility for the annual accounts and budgeting.
- Fundraising and sponsors in collaboration with the management team.
The right candidate is a visible leader, with management experience, understanding of the political decision-making processes that surround an institution like Katuaq, as well as insight into Greenlandic culture.
- Fluent in Greenlandic, Danish and English, in writing and speaking.
- Documented experience with senior management.
- Has the personality and charisma to be able to act as a figurehead for the cultural center.
- Can, together with the other management, operate at both strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Analytical overview and impact, which ensures that all relevant options are thought through and solutions implemented.
- Has political acumen and an understanding of decision-making processes in the public sector as well as in the private business world - is patient and able to take the long hard way.
- Open and willing to work with all facets of an organization.
- Knowledge of the art, culture and experience sector.
- Can think commercially, with a good network and insight into fundraising.
- Has room for - and focus on - diversity in the organisation.
- Structured and decision-making.
- Open and cooperative in relation to both colleagues and the many external partners.
- Has the necessary influence for negotiations, internally as well as externally.
- Is a skilled communicator, both in writing and orally.
- Great commitment. Passionate about the task, has a high energy level.
Job start: September 2023.
Application and relevant documents can be sent to: email@example.com, Application deadline: 5 June 2023